Our free eBook, "Automated Valves: Optimization of Process Control and Profits," provides useful guidance for engineers who are designing for efficiency and cost-containment.
Written by world renowned process engineering expert Günter Öxler, this eBook provides information on how to optimize process control systems using valve automation, including electric, mechanical and pneumatic actuation, analog and digital positioners, switches and controllers.
Günter Öxler has a long history within the valve industry. He graduated in Process Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in Stuttgart, Germany, holds a MBA degree in VWA as well as a Controlling degree and is a REFA Specialist.
For more than 25 years, Günter Öxler has worked for several companies in the valve business, companies such as J.M.Voith GmbH (Hydropower and Paper Machinery), Erhard GmbH (R+D Process Valves and project engineering), and Festo AG & Co. KG (Project Manager and Project Engineer Process Automation). He is also member of the IWA, ISA, and VDI German Engineer.
Topics covered in the eBook include:
- How to prepare butterfly valves with pneumatic part turn actuator for shipment and storage
- Horizontally vs. vertically applied butterfly valves
- Double eccentric butterfly valves
- Process control valve operation under power shut-down / black-out conditions
- Scotch yoke or rack-and-pinion pneumatic part-turn actuator?
- How to design process valves with adjustable speed control for the opening and closing sequence
- How to operate valves absolutely fail-safe without a power supply or control system
- Manual operation and manual override
- Saving costs: pneumatic actuation in water and wastewater technology
- Simplify Your Process Control Solution in a batching system