Our free eBook, "Automated Valves: Optimization of Process Control and Profits," provides useful guidance for engineers who are designing for efficiency and cost-containment.
Written by world renowned process engineering expert GŁnter ÷xler, this eBook provides information on how to optimize process control systems using valve automation, including electric, mechanical and pneumatic actuation, analog and digital positioners, switches and controllers.
GŁnter ÷xler has a long history within the valve industry. He graduated in Process Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in Stuttgart, Germany, holds a MBA degree in VWA as well as a Controlling degree and is a REFA Specialist.
For more than 25 years, GŁnter ÷xler has worked for several companies in the valve business, companies such as J.M.Voith GmbH (Hydropower and Paper Machinery), Erhard GmbH (R+D Process Valves and project engineering), and Festo AG & Co. KG (Project Manager and Project Engineer Process Automation). He is also member of the IWA, ISA, and VDI German Engineer.
Topics covered in the eBook include:
- How to prepare butterfly valves with pneumatic part turn actuator for shipment and storage
- Horizontally vs. vertically applied butterfly valves
- Double eccentric butterfly valves
- Process control valve operation under power shut-down / black-out conditions
- Scotch yoke or rack-and-pinion pneumatic part-turn actuator?
- How to design process valves with adjustable speed control for the opening and closing sequence
- How to operate valves absolutely fail-safe without a power supply or control system
- Manual operation and manual override
- Saving costs: pneumatic actuation in water and wastewater technology
- Simplify Your Process Control Solution in a batching system