Thermally activated Emergency Isolation Valves (EIVs) are critical components in refinery, terminal and distribution safety systems. Thermal activated shutoffs work like fuses in the piping that carries extracted fuels. When a fire occurs, the fuel flow is shut down, preventing the fuel from feeding the fire. The Thermally activated Emergency Isolation Valves (EIVs) include:
Assured Automation's 150F and 300F Flanged Ball Valves offer a unique design that is ideal for process and petrochemical applications.
150F/300F Series Flanged Ball Valves feature a floating ball and protected seat design, open and close locking device for position safety lockout, spiral wound body gasket with secondary metal to metal seal, O-ring backed seat and O-ring reinforced stem packing.
Fire Safe designed to API 607-5
- Body: Carbon Steel or Stainless Steel
- Seats: TFM or 50/50
- Max Temp:
- TFM: 475° F
- 50/50: 525° F
- Max Pressure:
Max differential pressure of 275 PSI, WCB - 285 PSI
Hydrostatically pressure tested (body) and air pressure tested (seat) to the following:
Class 150: Body: 275 PSI
- Class 300: Body: 700 PSI
- Standard steam working pressure (150F & 300F):
150 SWP, optional 300 PSI
The Assured Automation E Series & P Series pneumatic actuators offer a simple and cost effective solution for use on quarter turn (90 degree) ball valves.
- Temp Range: -4 °F to +175°F
- Supply Pressure:
- Spring Return: 40 to 120 psi
- Direct Acting: 20 to 120 psi
- Torque Output: up to 40,000 in-lbs.
(at 80 PSI supply pressure)
see datasheet for torque chart
- Service Life: Up to 1 Million Cycles
- Mounting/Shaft: ISO 5211/Female
FM approved FireChek® thermal exhaust valve blocks air supply and opens actuator exhaust port allowing valve to close when heat is detected. The FireChek® is resettable and field testable.
When the thermal shutoff senses temperatures above the shape memory alloy's actuation level, the shape memory element simultaneously vents pneumatic actuator air pressure and closes upstream supply pressure. A manual reset allows routine performance testing for safety maintenance programs.
- MEMRY® Shape Memory Alloy Actuator and Sensor
- DELRIN® Thermal Insulators
- BUNA-N O-rings
- 300 Series SS Body Cover, Reset, Shuttle Cap, Pin, and Bias Spring
- Actuation time: 25 seconds or less at a temperature rise rate of 30°F/min
- Actuation Temperature: 135, 150, or 165°F
- Maximum Working Control Pressure: 125 PSIG
- Fill and Discharge Capacity: 1 liter of air in under 1 second at 125 PSIG
- Cv : 0.49
- Overall Dimensions:
- Length = 2.59"
- Diameter = 1"
- Weight = 0.482 lbs.
- Brass body construction for general atmospheres; stainless steel for corrosive atmospheres
- Max Air Pressure:
- Externally piloted, loss of electrical power or auxiliary air exhausts air from the actuator and shifts process valve to its original position
- UL approved and CSA certified solenoid
- Meets applicable CE directives
- SIL 3 capable per IEC 61508 on normally closed construction
- Third party certification provided by EXIDA
Solenoid operated valve to exhaust actuator and close valve with a remote signal.
Local manual shutoff available
- Local thermal shutdown for automatic shutdown in the event of fire
- Remote shutdown to isolate subsystems
- Local manual shutdown (optional)
- Optional limit switch and lock-out device
- Limit Switch
- Manual Override
- Lock Out Device
NFPA 59A: For both construction and operation of LNG plants
- NFPA 58: Chapter 5 - Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
- NFPA 57: Chapter 7 - Regulations for Liquefied Natural Gas Vehicular Fuel Systems
- OSHA Regulations for Hazardous Materials
- U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT) Federal Regulations (49 CFR, part 193)
- U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) Recommendation for Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations Section 192.935(c)
- U.S. Pipeline Safety Act
- API 607: Fire test for soft-seated quarter-turn valves
- API 6D: Specification for pipeline valves
- API 6FA: Specification for fire test for valves